Hotmail login Hotmail sign up
How can I sign up a Hotmail account?A Hotmail email account is one of the first webmail service offered on the Internet which allowed users to access their inbox across various mobile devices and through you’re a Windows or a Mac computer. Once you have created a Hotmail account, you are now in possession of a Microsoft account which grants you the privilege to access a wide variety of services available free, courtesy of Microsoft. Follow the outlined instructions below to sign up Hotmail.
- First things first, launch your web browser: Once you have launched your web browser, visit the Hotmail sign up page that is provided here or enter the following web address; signup.live.com in your web browser’s search bar.
- Enter your personal details as required: You will be required to enter information about yourself in the fields provided such as; your name, birth-date and gender.
- Unsure your Username is unique: In the “Username” field, type your desired email address or click “Get a new email address” to re-enter a username that is not already being used by another person. Once you have successfully created a unique username, a drop-down list will appear to the right of the username field, select hotmail.com from the list of items.
- Enter a password of choice for your email: You will be required to provide a password for your email. You will need to enter this twice for verification purposes. If you chose to get a new email, whatever you type in this field will become the password for your new account.
- Select your country/region: You are required to choose your ‘Country/ Region’ from the field provided and choose from the list of countries. The next thing you do is enter your postal code information in the respective field.
- Securing your information: You will need to enter your country code, your phone number (in the case you have lost or forgotten your password), an alternate email address and you are also required to complete the CAPTCHA (determines if you are a human or a machine).
- Finished: After completing the registration procedure, you will be directed to the welcome page indicating that your account has been successfully created.
Infographic Hotmail sign up guide
What is Hotmail.com?These services are available to you for free. Also, as part of Microsoft’s Windows Live group of applications and services, Hotmail seamlessly integrates several useful and related features fitting for you. Windows Live Hotmail provides a user-friendly interface which provides ease of use for you the consumer. Therefore, there is no reason for you to hesitate with such great features awaiting you. Start today by setting up your very own Hotmail account.
Questions you might ask.Q – How to Close Microsoft Hotmail/ Outlook.com Email Account?
A – If your Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) has been dormant and you have no intention of using the account in the future, Microsoft provides you the ability to permanently delete the account. The procedure is quite simple but you should also be aware that your personal content such as; email, photos and files will also be completely deleted after a 60 day waiting period.
Q – How to Permanently Delete Hotmail and Windows Live Account?
A – To permanently delete your account, enter the Microsoft account Service (formerly known as the Microsoft Passport Network) and log in with the account want to delete. You will then follow the on-screen instructions to verify your account. Once you have completed these steps, read the recommendations and follow through by clicking next to close the account.
Microsoft provides you with a 60-days waiting period before proceeding to permanently delete your account. This is to allow you sufficient time to change your mind or recover relevant data from your account. If you have decided not to cancel your account, simply log-in before the end of the period and the account closure will be canceled.
Q – How do I export my contacts from Windows Live Hotmail or Outlook.com?
A – Follow instruction:
- Sign into your Windows Live Hotmail account.
- Click the down-arrow located at the upper-left corner of your screen
- Choose People.
- Click Manage in the menu bar.
- Select Export
- Save the file to your desktop.